Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Welsh One

So you're up to speed now on how things sadly ended with The Bloke. I'm still sad about this... I really liked him and sadly I hadn't realised how much until it was too late. Bugger!

I still text him... more to make a nuisance of myself than anything... I know he won't change his mind and give it another go... but I'm happy to remind him he's a douche and made a rubbish decision.

So what next...? Well... there was a chap that I had been texting on/off from *dodgy fishing site* and without The Bloke or Pilot to think of I agreed to meet him at last. 

If you've not guessed from the title of the blog... He's Welsh... what's even more exciting (probably only to me) is that he is also a fluent Welsh speaker... this bumps him up a good few notches up the favourites list because I rarely get to speak to anyone in Welsh these days and having a Welsh boyfriend would've been just super.

That's not going to happen... not with this guy anyway! This is why....

First meet/date.... I drove up to Oxford to meet him... he's very recently had knee surgery and unable to drive so I'm more than willing on this occasion to make the trip to him. He lives on an RAF base somewhere in the middle of nowhere, Oxford. I get there... he meets me in the car park... we have a 30 second 'hello, nice to finally meet you' type greeting and in we go to the security office to have my photo and ID scrutinised and held on RAF database forever before I'm allowed on the base. Bit awkward and weird but I'm funny when under pressure so cracked a few gags had everyone in fits of giggles and BOOM I'm in with everyone...bahahaha!

Turns out he was driving... had a go that morning and did ok but wasn't sure doing anymore than a tour of the base would be a good idea. Not a problem... showing he has a sensible side... going well so far. I follow him back to his barracks... we drop the car off and he gives me a tour of the base... all very interesting... he thought it was a bit nerdy and boring but the chances are I'll never get to see it again so actually I quite enjoyed it.
Anyway... tour done... we hopped back into my car and went off in search of a country pub for a bite to eat and a good get to know you afternoon. Conversation flowed... we had lots in common... he's very handsome... and we're getting on great. Food done... he suggests we go into a nearby village to get a coffee and a wander... we did... again all very lovely... lots of shits and giggles... it's all grand. 

He told me 'my' joke which stunned me... a joke I'll tell anyone when there's a duck about and rarely anyone laughs... he told it to me... I'm planning our wedding! I'm not really... that's a little irony I'm throwing in for the punchline later...

Besides being Welsh... handsome and funny... he's BIG into his rugby and we seem to have a huge amount in common. The afternoon was splendid (think hard... when was the last time you heard that word) and I was in no rush to call it a day... we had got as far as holding hands and I could sense he wanted to kiss me but he hadn't tried and I wasn't leaving without a smooch so I invited myself in on the pretence I wanted to know what RAF barracks looked like. Lame as it might be... it worked. To be fair I was quite surprised... it was better accommodation than most University halls and his room was spotless. Winner!
After a bit more chatting... I finally got my snog... seriously felt like a teenager again... in the boy I fancy's bedroom waiting for him to kiss me... again it was all very lovely and he'd started to relax and we're getting on great. I stayed all evening, we just watched TV, chatted and snogged... so very 1996 :) it was lovely.

Couple of days later he's making his way to me and I'm introducing him to my Pooch... it's a big moment in any girls life when she introduces a guy to the dog because if the dog doesn't like you well you've got no chance of seeing me again. So he turns up at mine with a stunning (seriously just stunning) bouquet of hand tied flowers and a bag of doggy chews for Pablo... he's a winner for sure. I really this guy for his manners... they're very important to me... and he's picked up on this. 

We had a lovely evening... chatted some more... a few kisses and cwtches and then bed time... he's supposed to be staying in the spare room... I'd rather he stays in with me for a cwtch up. I've no intention of sexing him up... I've not waxed my legs in 6weeks... but a bedtime cwtch I am absolutely loving the idea of. He's a real gent... he's even brought his pyjamas with him... cute! So we do... he doesn't try it on... there's none of that awkwardness where he thinks he's getting a shag and all he's actually getting is a cwtch... he was happy to have a nice cwtch up and some sleepy kisses. 

So we're all good so far... sounds blissful doesn't it? Yeah I know... this is where I start counting my chickens... I'm thinking bloody hell... what a lucky girl I am to have met The Bloke, The Pilot and now The Welsh One and all of them be absolutely lovely. Well errr... yeah... there's a saying Missy... and they ain't hatched yet!

Our next meet up is the following Wednesday... I've forgotten that I've already made plans with a friend and we're supposed to be having a girly night and going to the cinema. I tell him Sunday evening that we'll have to re-arrange... he's fine with this but we're both busy every other day of the week so it's going to be Sunday the following week before I get to see him again. I'm a little bit sad about this... a week is a long time... but it can't be helped. We chat on the phone for a bit most nights... text throughout the day and play Draw Something in the evening. It's all good and I'm excited about getting to know this guy.

It all turned very sour on the Wednesday afternoon... I hadn't heard from him all day and whilst I was online checking my messages on *dodgy fishing site* he was online too so I opened up a chat box to say hello and opened with...
              Me: Hello you... is your phone broken?
               Him: No... why?
               Me: Thought it must be 'cos I've not heard from you all day

And just like that... the dream was no more. Talk about take a bit of banter the wrong way... fuck me... he went right off on one... who am I to be keeping tabs on him... i could've phoned him... if this is what I'm always going to be like then he's best calling it a day now... it was amazing... the kinda mentalist reaction you get from the boyfriend you've been seeing for years and actually hate... the one you just can't bring yourself to get rid of... yeah you know the one... he was being just like that... shocker!

I left it until the next day before dropping him a text... thinking after a day to think about what happened he'd accept that his reaction was a little on the mental side... errr seems not... It would appear that I had been pushing things and moving everything too fast... those two meetings where we'd NOT talked about marriage... NOT talked about kids... NOT talked about anything remotely 'in the future' stuff... NOT EVEN HAD SEX... I was rushing it all too much... what a fucking weirdo!

So that was the end of that one... two dates... it seems to be the standard for me... fuck it... I'm not sure if I can be arsed with it all now... we'll see eh! I honestly have no idea why I'm attracting everyone else's share of weirdos but I think it's time they all fuck off and let me find a normo now please...

1 comment:

  1. I like your writeings, muchly.

    Your list has a requirement to have "good teeth" missing from it, other than that it's quite appropriate.

    Why is it so hard to find someone with those decent qualities all in place? There is always some mentalness that gets in the way.

    Its a shame you are too far away for me to give you some blogging material via a disasterous date, you seem like my ideal woman. Too good to be getting pissed about by a fucking RAF weirdo.

    ReplyDelete